Long Island Slip, Trip, & Fall Claim Attorney
Did Hazardous Conditions Cause You To Slip, Trip, Or Fall? Our New York Personal Injury Law Firm Will Aggressively Represent You To Help You Obtain Compensation For What Happened, Such As Your Medical Bills, Lost Wages, Pain And Suffering, And Other Issues That You May Face Because Of Your Injury?
Look, We Know We’re Not The Only Personal Injury Lawyers In New York And We Know That You May Be Searching For The Right Attorney To Help You. We’re Different. For Decades We Have Successfully Handled A LOT Of Slip, Trip, or Fall Injury Situations, Probably Just Like Yours. Many Have Heard Of Us Due To The Results We Get For The Injured. Regardless Of Whether You’ve Heard Of Us Or Not, Tell Us What Happened. See How We Can Get Your Life Back To As Normal As Possible.
Injuries caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct can be life-altering. You were healthy and vibrant one minute, and you were dealing with painful injuries, doctors’ appointments, and lost wages the next. Then, there is the emotional toll caused by your personal injury. You might feel angry at the person that caused the injury and depressed and anxious about your physical and financial issues.
Why Choose Harrison Law Group for Your Premises Liability Case?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5.0 rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
- Accidents Don’t Wait for Business Hours – Neither do the right lawyers. We have weekend and weeknight consultations available in person or through Zoom.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what is necessary, even in difficult cases.
- Experienced – Attorney and founder Brett J. Harrison and Attorney Robert J. Clasen hold over 50 years of experience in Trial Litigation.
- Empathy, Detail & Urgency – Your case is the center of your world. We work with empathy to ensure you feel heard, meticulous detail to ensure no aspect of your case is missed, and urgency to get you your money faster.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Unlike large firms, you’re not part of an assembly line. We really get to know you and your situation. We have been helping people in Long Island and throughout New York for decades.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that everyone’s needs are unique. We treat you with the attention you deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We do not just return phone calls, but we call you at least every 30 days for a status update on your case, and if there is no update, we call to see how you are doing.
- Office Visits Not Required – We understand you may have children or are simply in pain, and we respect your time. Documentation and signatures can be handled via text or email.
- Flexible Meeting Times – We will go above and beyond to meet your expectations, whether meeting with you after hours, on the weekends, or at your home, hospital, or office. We will make ourselves available for you 24/7.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in New York
New York law generally allows only Three Years to file a personal injury claim. This deadline is critical to your rights because if you don’t get your lawsuit started in court before New York’s three-year filing window closes, you’ll lose your right to have your case heard. Call our offices today to avoid missing your window of opportunity.
Ask a Question,
Describe Your Situation,
Request a Consultation
Call (631) 465-9797 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within 1 business day but often do so the same day, Don’t hesitate, your questions are welcome.
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
The law in New York requires property owners and landlords to ensure that their properties are reasonably safe for residents, employees, and visitors. If you are injured inside or outside a building due to unsafe conditions or negligence of the property owner or manager, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your injuries.
Proving Fault in a Slip and Fall Case
To prove fault or negligence in a slip and fall case, the victim needs to prove that the person in charge of the property failed to act in a way that any reasonable person would in addressing the dangerous condition that led to the accident. In doing so, the victim and their legal team must find the answers to some relevant questions that include the following:
- Was the hazardous condition present for a long enough time that a reasonably attentive person would have noticed and done something about it?
- Did the person in charge of the property create the dangerous condition?
- Did the property owner or manager know about the dangerous condition?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then the property owner or manager can be held liable because it can be determined that their negligence caused the dangerous condition to occur or persist. You should note that while you are intent on proving that the property owner or someone who works for them was responsible for the condition that led to the accident, they will be trying to prove that you were at fault instead.
A New York slip and fall accident lawyer is your best bet to get compensation after your trip and fall injury. Facility owners always have attorneys to deal with such cases; their insurance companies will do everything to discredit or lowball your claim.
Comparative Fault in Slip and Fall Cases
When the property owner argues that the slip and fall victim was partially or completely responsible for the accident, it falls under the legal concept of comparative fault. Comparative fault comprises two types of laws, comparative negligence, and contributory negligence. The one that applies to your case depends on the state in which you live. In states with contributory negligence laws, you cannot collect any damages if it is determined that you are even a little bit at fault for the accident.
States with comparative negligence laws are less harsh because they take the percentage of the slip and fall victim’s liability into account and award them damages based on that percentage. For example, if the victim was set to collect $1000 in damages, but it was determined that they were 50% responsible for the accident, they would collect $500 instead. New York is a comparative fault state, so you can still retain a slip and fall accident attorney in Long Island even if you were partially at fault for the accident.
If you were completely at fault for the accident, then a successful claim is far less likely, so you should consider if any of the following factors apply to your case:
- Were you distracted and not paying attention when you encountered the situation that caused you to slip and fall?
- Were you legally allowed to enter the place where the slip and fall accident happened, or was there a reasonable explanation for why you were there?
- Were there clear warning signs informing people of the danger that was present?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you have a much lower chance of receiving compensation for the slip and fall accident.
What to do if you’ve been injured in an accident:
- Report your accident to the appropriate authorities ASAP. Whether this is the police, an employer, a store employee, or a supervisor. Get medical treatment for any injuries you have sustained, don’t “shake it off.” Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries or internal injuries, can have delayed symptoms. The sooner you can receive medical attention, the better for your health and your case.
- Collect as much information as possible. You or someone you trust should attempt to get information from any involved parties. Important information can be the names of all parties involved and any eyewitnesses. If you were in a car crash, get the other driver’s insurance information too.
- Take photographs. Photograph the scene, your injuries, the causing factors of the accident, and anything you think may be relevant. If you were injured on someone’s property due to a dangerous condition, take photos of the dangerous condition.
- Get copies of all relevant documents. This can include police reports, incident reports, medical documents, and communications with insurance companies.
The more information you have about your case, the stronger your claim will be. If you were injured due to another’s carelessness, contact one of our experienced New York Personal Injury lawyers to learn more about filing a claim.
Should I Get A Slip, Trip, & Fall Lawyer?
Maybe you are the type of person who is hesitant to sue anyone. Still, you could be experiencing pain, suffering, and discomfort, dealing with piles of unexpected medical bills, time off work, and being confused about how to move forward.
Shouldn’t someone pay for what happened? Having a Premises Liability attorney is, unfortunately, a reality for ensuring you get what you deserve and what is right.
Client Reviews – Harrison Law Group
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience
“Great job and great people to work with,” “they do everything the right way and get you all money and medical devices you need highly recommend ,” “Very satisfied with my settlement,” “They helped me through a car accident and always called to see how I was feeling and they were very compassionate and understanding with my situation,” “a very professional group and I highly recommend them,” “Harrison law group worked hard for me and I got better results then I expected,” “would definitely recommend them to my friends and family,” “they kept me informed of each step and checked in on a regular basis,” “The Harrison Law Group handled my case with professionalism and utmost care,” “they were quick to get me a response and kept me informed every step of the way with status on my case,” “a huge amount of compassion, understanding and commitment.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families in Long Island (Suffolk and Nassau Counties), NYC, and throughout New York.
Locally, people come to us from Lindenhurst, West Babylon, North Babylon, North Amityville, Copiague, Farmingdale, Massapequa, Plainview, Melville, and South Huntington.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and get the compensation you or your loved one deserves. Call our office at (631) 465-9797 with questions and a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office, and you can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours of the same day. All information you share is confidential.