Great law firm. Did a fantastic jobYasmin A.
New York Birth Injury Lawyer
Compassionate Long Island Birth Injury Attorney Fights to Protect the Rights of Families Affected By Birth Injuries In Suffolk County, Nassau County, Queens County, and Throughout NY
A birth injury can be devastating. It impacts the entire family. Birth injuries are especially traumatizing as they can have a long-term or permanent impact on the child’s life. The devastation of a birth injury is made worse when it is the result of the very same healthcare professionals you trusted to help bring your child into the world safely. If your child has been the victim of a birth injury resulting from the negligence of a healthcare professional, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Harrison Law Group, P.C. for representation by an experienced New York birth injury lawyer.
The attorneys at the Harrison Law Group, P.C. can help when the unimaginable happens. Our attorneys are compassionate, experienced, and knowledgeable. We will fight to recover compensation that is rightly yours. Our legal team will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you rightly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation about your case.
Common Birth Injuries that an Experienced New York Birth Injury Lawyer from The Harrison Law Group Can Help With
When healthcare professionals are negligent while caring for a mother and their unborn child, birth injuries can occur to the child before, during, or after the child is born. We at the Harrison Group P.C. have seen the devastation that these injuries can cause. Some of the most common birth injuries we’ve had to deal with include:
- Asphyxia – occurs when the baby is deprived of oxygen for a period of time. For example, when the baby’s umbilical cord is wrapped around the neck during delivery. Lack of oxygen can cause brain damage which will have an impact on the baby’s mental and physical abilities in the long term.
- Brain damage – this can be the result of infections, oxygen deprivation, jaundice, or misuse of tools during the delivery of the baby. Brain damage can have long-term consequences on the child.
- Brachial plexus injuries – These injuries occur as a result of damage to the nerves surrounding the spinal cord. These injuries occur when doctors do not properly dislodge the baby’s shoulders when they get stuck behind the mother’s pelvis during delivery. The injury can result in the child being unable to move their fingers, hands, or arms.
- Broken bones – these injuries occur when medical professionals use delivery tools improperly. The baby’s bones, which are fragile at the time of delivery, may break as a result of the use of vacuums or forceps to forcefully pull the child out during delivery.
- Spinal cord injuries – spinal cord injuries can be caused as a result of undiagnosed spina bifida. They can also result from physical injuries during delivery as a result of misuse of delivery instruments for example. Spinal cord injuries can result in limited mobility, chronic pain, and paralysis.
- Cerebral palsy – is a condition that results from injuries to the brain. It can affect the child’s mobility, posture, and balance. It is often the result of injuries during birth.
Reach Out to the Harrison Law Group, P.C. and Consult with an Experienced New York Birth Injury Lawyer For Free
Is your child the victim of a birth injury? Do you believe the injury was a result of the negligence of a healthcare professional or the institution they work for? Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Harrison Law Group, P.C. Schedule an appointment to speak with an experienced New York birth injury lawyer from our law firm. We offer a free consultation for families affected by birth injuries. Learn about your legal rights and the options available to you. We’ll review your claim and guide you on the best approach to take.
Our legal team is experienced in recovering compensation for birth injuries. We will fight to recover maximum compensation and seek justice on behalf of your family. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and get the process started as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions about Birth Injuries in New York
Birth injuries are devastating especially when they occur as a result of the negligence of the same healthcare professionals that were supposed to protect you and your child. However, it is important to get started on seeking justice for birth injuries as soon as possible. According to New York Medical Malpractice Laws & Statute of Limitations, you only have two and a half years from the date of the injury in which to file a lawsuit on behalf of your injured child. If your child dies as a result of the birth injuries, then you will only have two years from the date of the death of your child to file a claim for your loss. You should therefore seek the services of an experienced New York birth injury lawyer to get the process started.
Yes. A child that was the victim of birth injuries that resulted from the negligence of healthcare professionals or a healthcare institution can file a birth injury lawsuit of their own. They, however, can only do this when they have become an adult. In this situation, the statute of limitations will be postponed to the time that the child becomes an adult. That means that the statute of limitations to file the birth injury lawsuit will begin on the 18th birthday of the child.
However, you don’t have to wait that long to start the process. You and your child can consult with an attorney from the Harrison Law Group for guidance. Our attorneys will provide you with the guidance you need to make an informed decision. If you choose our firm to represent you and your child, we will get started on investigating the claim and building a strong case on your child’s behalf. We’ll fight to ensure that your child receives the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Brett and Kristi are the best. Very professional. Any questions at any time weekdays or even weekends they always responded right away. When you become a client they treat you as if you are a family member of theirs. Brett will fight to get you the money you deserve from your lawsuit. I’m very happy with Harrison Law Group!! I highly recommend them.Sofiarose G.